A hickey is a love bite which is actually a bruise like mark caused by the kissing or sucking of the skin usually on the neck, thighs or arms. Hickey is very tempting and partners love to place ahickey on each others body parts to present it as a token of love. The patches of hickey are typically red, pink or purple when they first appear and may also be tender to touch.
Hickeys typically lasts for 5 to 12 days though they are temporary and harmless still people find ways to cover them so people may not guess the moments of their passionate love life, shielding them is not a treatment below here are mentioned ways for How To Get Rid Of A Hickey which are as follows:
- VITAMIN K: if you want to get rid of a hickey then you must consume food rich in vitamin K as it boost healing, food which are rich source of vitamin K include leafy green vegetables like broccoli and spinach, meat, dairy products, eggs vegetable oils canola oil, fruits like blueberries, grapes and figs are also rich source of vitamin K. Many vitamin K creams are also available to buy online but before buying them confirm it with your doctor.
- APPLY ALOE VERA: for how to get rid of hickey apply a thin layer of aloevera gel or cream at the bruise twice or thrice a day, the aloe vera hasinflammatory propertieswhich helps in reducing swelling it also soothes the skin and fade away bruise marks.
- USE ARNICA: topical or oral arnica is widely available over the counter at most pharmacies using arnica can help speed up the healing of the bruises from hickey.
- Massage the area: it is the best method to learn to know how to get rid of a hickey, massage helps in stimulating blood flow and relieves from pain, gently massagethe hickey for a fewminutes per day keep the touch light as the bruise marks are tender so massage softly.
- APPLY COLD COMPRESS: use an ice-pack or take a cloth dampened with cold water or a chilled spoon whatever you use, compress it for 10 minutes on a hickey, follow this method twice a day, a cold compress reduces swelling and pain.The cold temperature slows the blood flow from the blood vessels into skin.
- USE TOOTHBRUSH: take a super soft bristle toothbrush and slowly brush it on hickey applying very little pressure, move the bristles in different directions so the clotted blood speeds as the soft bristles helps in stimulating blood circulation’srepeat this process for 10 minutes.
- APPLY SOME COCOA BUTTER: cocoa butter is known to relieve you from smooth scars, stretch marks, wrinkles and other skin marks as it is rich in fatty acids so apply some cocoa butter on the bruise to solve your problem of how to get rid of a hickey.